Transitional Aged Youth Outreach (TAYO)
The TAYO Program is a case management and counselling program for youth who are experiencing on-going mental health challenges and are likely to transition into adult services. The TAYO Program offers a community-based service providing a consistent level of support to youth during this transition. The TAYO Program utilizes a strength-based, client-centered approach, focusing on immediate needs and long-term goals.
- Youth who are residents of Peel
- Youth between their 16th and 18th birth date
- Youth who have persistent mental health issues (with or without a formal diagnosis) requiring on-going support and service
- Youth who are displaying several of the following behaviours: chronic isolation (from family and other support systems), substance misuse, self harm, aggression, anti-social behaviour, sexual acting out, negative peer relationships, difficulties in school and/or employment
- Youth who require support to connect with mental health services (youth and/or adult)
- Youth who are connected with service, but would benefit from a community-based support