The Challenges Program is a flexible, family-focused intervention. Workers meet with families in their homes to teach and model, for parents/caregivers, specific skills in behaviour management, conflict resolution, problem solving and advocacy. The length of intervention is based on the needs of the family (approximately 3 to 5 months). Booster sessions (follow-up support) are available following the completion of the program.
- Residents of Peel
- Children/youth, up to their 18th birthday, and their families
- Children/youth experiencing difficulties at home, school and/or in the community
- Parents/caregivers expressing difficulty in managing their child’s behaviour
- Parents/caregivers who agree to actively participate in the program
- Parents/caregivers who prefer to have service offered in their home