Multisystemic Therapy Program (MST)
The MST Program is an intensive, short-term intervention (3-5 months) which involves the whole family. It is a home-based, family-focused treatment which aims to reduce antisocial behaviour and improve family functioning, peer relations, and school performance. Sessions are goal-focused and strength-based, occurring 2 or more times per week in the youth’s natural environment. Caregivers and the therapist develop strategies or interventions to promote and monitor the youth’s success at home, school and in the community. Families/caregivers have access to the MST Team 24 hours via an on-call system.
- Residents of Peel (Centralized Intake for Children and Youth Mental Health Services referrals)
- Residents of Peel, Dufferin, or Halton (Probation referrals only)
- High risk youth and their families
- Youth who are engaging in criminal and anti-social behaviour
- Youth who are experiencing difficulties across multiple systems: individual, family, peers, school and/or community
- Youth who are at risk of their current placement breaking down