The WTWF, 0-6 Program is home-based, family-focused counselling for families and children ages 0-6. It is based on a family preservation service delivery model. Counsellors work together with parents/caregivers to strengthen the parent/child relationship and increase parenting skills and their support systems.
Goals of the Program:
- To strengthen parent/child relationships and improve family functioning
- To reduce the need for more intensive services in the future by addressing current or potential risk factors
- To provide parents/caregivers increased knowledge and confidence in addressing challenges related to social, emotional and behavioural issues
- To provide parents/caregivers increased understanding and skills in relation to positive parenting, child development and attachment related concerns
- Residents of Peel
- Parents/caregivers with children ages 0-6 yrs., who require support in addressing challenging behaviour and improving parent/child relationships in the home and/or community
- Children who are at risk of out of home placement
- Parents/caregivers who are willing to participate in weekly in-home and/or virtual sessions
- Children/youth or their parents/caregivers who are actively suicidal, homicidal or in need of immediate crisis stabilization
- When safety of the worker cannot be ensured
- Community Service Providers
- Peel CAS
Peel Children’s Aid workers forward referrals to the designated Peel Children’s Aid Supervisor. These are then sent to AYSP’s Intake Specialist.
Partner organizations and AYSP staff working with clients who meet eligibility requirements can make a referral to the WTWF, 0-6 program via the Internal Transfer Protocol.
Parents/caregivers can also make a self-referral by contacting WhereToStart.ca or by calling 905.451.4655.
The WTWF, 0-6 Program Supervisor is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the referral process or program criteria.