The YBB Program provides confidential services for youth ages 12-17 who identify as 2SLGBTQ+. The program offers in-person and/or virtual individual counselling, weekly youth groups, and community capacity building around 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion.
Goals of the Program:
- That all youth, regardless of sexual orientation and/or gender identity be afforded equal access to service provision, including the freedom from harassment and discrimination due to sexual orientation and/or gender identity
- That all youth reach an optimum level of comfort in regard to their identity, enabling them to achieve their full potential
- To build capacity among service providers in Peel to work positively and in a celebratory way with this community, through an anti-racist and anti-oppressive framework
- Youth who are residents of Peel
- Youth ages 12-17 yrs
- Youth identifying as 2SLGBTQ+ and in need of support
- Youth who are actively suicidal, homicidal or in need of immediate crisis stabilization
- When the safety of the Worker cannot be ensured
- Community Service Providers
- Peel CAS
- Peel School Boards
- Youth Justice Services
Community partners, youth and caregivers can contact AYSP’s Youth Intake Specialist 905.890.5222. The YBB Program can also be accessed by calling 1.800.762.8377 ext. 460 (toll free), or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth and caregivers can also make a self-referral by contacting WhereToStart.ca or by calling 905.451.4655.
Partner organizations and AYSP staff working with clients who meet eligibility requirements can make a referral to the YBB Program via the Internal Transfer Protocol.
The YBB Program Supervisor is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the referral process or program criteria.