This counselling program is for youth ages 12-17, and at times their parents/caregivers. Sessions occur in the family home or community and/or virtually once a week for 6-8 months. The program is part of a partnership with the Peel Children’s Aid Society and the EveryMind Wraparound Program, with the aim of preventing out-of-home placement.
Goals of the Program:
- To decrease family conflict and build positive relationships between adolescents and their families
- To reduce out-of-home placement and support youth to remain living at home
- To assist youth and parents/caregivers to develop effective communication, problem-solving, and coping skills
- To assist parents/caregivers with the development of effective behavior management strategies
- For youth and parents/caregivers to develop effective strategies to improve the youth’s success in school and in the community
- To strengthen families’ network of supports and increase knowledge of community-based resources and services
- Youth ages 12 – 17 yrs.
- Children/youth who are at risk of out-of-home placement
- Youth at risk of removal from the home due to parent-adolescent conflict
- Youth and parents/caregivers who voluntarily agree to participate
- Youth who are living at home and/or will be integrated back home
- Parents/caregivers who are in need of immediate crisis stabilization
- When the safety of the Workers cannot be ensured
- Peel Children’s Aid Society Adolescent Team
The Family Service Workers on the Peel Children’s Aid Society Adolescent Team complete a referral package and forward it to the AYSP Intake Specialist for processing.
The Adolescent Team Program Supervisor is available to answer any questions regarding the referral process or program criteria.