The RISE Program is a school-based, multi-faceted program which addresses the needs of children aged 6-9 who are displaying signs of anti-social behaviour in the classroom, home and community. The program is approximately 4 months in duration and has components which promote and encourage positive behaviour.
Goals of the Program:
- For children to learn effective communication, problem solving and social skills
- To increase pro-social behaviour in the school and community and to establish positive relationships with peers, within the school and with family members
- To strengthen collaboration between Parent/Caregivers and school teams to support children in learning new strategies
- To minimize the risk of children eventually becoming involved in more intrusive services (e.g. Youth Justice System)
- Children aged 6 – 9 yrs, who live in Peel Region
- Children experiencing difficulties in the home, school or community in the areas of aggression and poor social skills
- Children presenting with several of the following: low self-esteem, poor socialization skills, non-compliant behavior, school problems or aggressive behaviour
- Children who require more intensive services
- Where parents/caregivers are not supportive of their family’s involvement in the RISE Program
- Where Parent/Caregiver mental health and or relationship issues are a barrier to supporting the child to learn new strategies or impact their ability to collaborate
- Peel District School Board
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
- Community service providers
Referrals from the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board are made by School Support Staff Team Members. The referral form is completed and forwarded to the Senior Social Worker, who then sends the referral to the AYSP Intake Specialist.
Referrals from the Peel District School Board are made by Professional Student Services Personnel Staff. The referral form is completed and forwarded to the Senior Social Worker, who then sends the referral to the AYSP Intake Specialist.
Parents/caregivers can make a self-referral by contacting WhereToStart.ca or by calling 905.451.4655.
The RISE Program Supervisor is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the referral process or program criteria.