The weekly in-person/virtual YBB group is a support and psychoeducational group which brings together 2SLGBTQ+ youth, to share their experiences and talk about issues that matter to them. Weekly topics include identity, mental health and well-being, healthy relationships, healthy sexuality, Pride, intersectionality, etc.
Goals of the YBB Group:
The group aims to promote healthy living, healthy sexuality and 2SLGBTQ+ positive lifestyles and identities, through group and social activities, and community education and advocacy, where appropriate.
- Youth who are residents of Peel
- Youth ages 12-17 years
- Youth identifying as 2SLGBTQ+ and in need of support
- Youth who are actively suicidal, homicidal or in need of immediate crisis stabilization
- When the safety of the Worker cannot be ensured
- Community Service Providers
- Peel CAS
- Peel School Boards
- Youth Justice Services
- Community partners, youth and caregivers can contact AYSP’s Youth Intake Specialist 905.890.5222. The YBB Group can also be accessed by calling 1.800.762.8377 ext. 460 (toll-free), or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Youth and caregivers can also make a self-referral by contacting WhereToStart.ca or by calling 905.451.4655.
- Partner organizations and AYSP staff working with clients who meet eligibility requirements can make a referral to the YBB Group via the Internal Transfer Protocol.
The YBB Program Supervisor is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the referral process or program criteria.