Visit the web site at www.tangerinewalkin.com
Tangerine Walk-In Counselling is available free of charge to children and youth, up to their 18th birthday, and their parents, caregivers or adult supporters.
Adolescents aged 12 to 17 may access this service independently. Tangerine Walk-In Counselling is only available to residents of the Region of Peel.
Children’s Mental Health Week – May 1-7, 2017
Children's Mental Health Week is about increasing awareness of the signs of child and youth mental health problems, decreasing stigma and understanding that help is available and treatment can work.
Tips for positive mental health:
• Have positive, respectful relationships with family and friends.
• Talk to people you trust when you’re feeling down or stressed.
• Learn some ways to relax and cope. Choose safe and healthy ways to deal with negative feelings – like going for a walk or listening to music.
• Practice positive self-talk. Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes.
• Do things you enjoy.
• Eat healthy foods, be active and get enough sleep.
• Help others – it will make you feel good too.
• Make informed decisions about alcohol and drugs.
Guide for Referring Workers
Please take a look at our "Guide for Referring Workers" to learn more about our programs and referral pathways.